to collect cashback
What is flaxseed?
Flax, a blue flowering plant is native to North America and West Canadian. It comes in a variety of forms, in whole seed, milled, or in an oil form. Flax is high in vitamins and minerals, including the vitamin B family, magnesium and manganese. Flax also includes fibre, both soluble and insoluble as well as powerful antioxidants, such as lignans, as well was containing omega-3 fatty acids
Flax can be consumed in a variety of ways, in their whole seed form, they can be toasted or added to items that need cooking, where as milled flaxseed can be added to most foods owing to it not greatly affecting the flavour.
What can flaxseed be used for?
Flaxseed can be used for a variety of health conditions owing to its disease fighting compounds, typically these include:
- Reducing cholesterol – flaxseed can help lower cholesterol owing to its high content of soluble fibre, impeding the build up of plaque, which can often lead to clogged arteries, high blood pressure, stroke, or heart attacks.
- Cancer – owing to flaxseeds high levels of lignans, some studies suggest it can help fight cancer, preventing tumours from developing, in particular, prostate cancer, breast cancer and colon cancer.
- Immune system – flaxseed can help boost and improve your immune system allowing it to function more efficiently
- Reduce weight – flaxseed may help with weight loss, as it keeps you feeling, therefore may prevent you from overeating
- Depression – flaxseed may help improve depression
- Hypertension – it has been said that flaxseed can help reduce high blood pressure
- Liver disease – a diet rich in flaxseeds may hep prevent liver disease
- Bone health - owing to flaxseeds high concentration of fatty acids it may help improve bone health and reduce the risk of osteoporosis
- Improves digestive health – owing to the high concentrations of fibre, flaxseed can help relieve constipation making you more regular. In addition to this flaxseed can also be used when suffering from a bout of diarrhoea, as it helps to bulks up stools.
- Anti-Inflammatory – it is said flaxseeds might help decrease inflammation, particularly with disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis and psoriasis
- Heart Health – Owing to the seeds high content of fibre they are beneficial for heart health
Flaxseeds are most commonly available in tablet, capsules, ground, milled and in liquid and oil form, for a range of flaxseed products and supplements be sure to browse The Health Bay.+Read More -Read Less
Showing count(); ?>19 Products
You Save £0.27
£0.04 Cashback on this item
£0.07 Cashback on this item
£0.05 Cashback on this item
You Save £0.74
£0.19 Cashback on this item
£0.29 Cashback on this item
You Save £1.26
£0.31 Cashback on this item
You Save £0.58
£0.15 Cashback on this item
You Save £1.22
£0.15 Cashback on this item
You Save £3.89
£0.35 Cashback on this item
£0.11 Cashback on this item
£0.12 Cashback on this item
£0.20 Cashback on this item
£0.26 Cashback on this item