to collect cashback
What is ginger?
Ginger or ginger root is the rhizome of the plant Zingiber officinale, which is native to Southeast Asia. Ginger has long been prized for its many health benefits and has a long history of being used as more than just a spice.
Ginger is comprised of many essential nutrients and vitamins such as, vitamin B-6 and vitamin B-5, in addition to minerals such as zinc, chromium, potassium, manganese, copper, and magnesium.
What is ginger used for?
Ginger is used for a variety of health conditions owing to its therapeutic benefits and can be taken orally in dietary supplements. Ginger can be used to treat a number of human ailments, typically these include:
- Nausea – ginger has long been used for reducing nausea or vomiting associated with travel sickness or morning sickness
- Cold and Flu - ginger has been used for thousands of years as a natural remedy for colds and flu like symptoms
- Absorption – ginger helps to improve the absorption of essential nutrients in the body
- Libido – ginger may help increase libido levels due to it being a natural aphrodisiac
- Anti-Inflammatory – gingers anti-inflammatory properties may bring relief to joint pain or muscle pain
- Stomach ache – ginger can help relief stomach cramps and pains
- Improve blood flow – ginger’s high concentration of vitamins, minerals and amino acids can help restore and improve blood circulation reducing the risk of cardiovascular problems, such as heart attack
- Period pains – ginger may help relieve discomfort during the menstrual cycle, especially those suffering from period cramps
- Relieve stress – owing to gingers soothing and calming properties it may help lower stress levels, making you feel calmer and more relaxed
- Immune system – ginger may help boost the body’s immune system owing to its high concentration of antioxidants
- Relieve headaches and migraines
- Heart Health – ginger may help reduce cardiovascular risks such as heart attacks, in addition to this it can also help promote heart health
- Diabetes – Ginger may help reduce blood sugar level and increase the effectiveness of insulin used for treating diabetes
Ginger is most commonly available in tablet, capsules, extract, and in liquid and oil form, for a range of ginger products and supplements be sure to browse The Health Bay.+Read More -Read Less
Showing count(); ?>7 Products
You Save £0.87
£0.23 Cashback on this item
You Save £3.74
£0.37 Cashback on this item
You Save £0.78
£0.19 Cashback on this item
You Save £0.33
£0.07 Cashback on this item
You Save £0.32
£0.08 Cashback on this item