to collect cashback
What is wild yam?
Wild yam, also known as Dioscorea villosa, China root, Mexican yam, colic root, devil's bones, rheumatism root, yuma, and rheumatism root is a perennial vine native to North America. The roots and rootstock, or rhizomes of the vine have been used as herbal remedies for thousands of years for their many health purposes, in particular women’s health.
Wild Yam contains the steroid, diosgenin, a plant compound similar in its structure to those found in the body, which can naturally help support women’s health.
What can wild yam be used for?
Wild yam is used to treat a variety of medical conditions owing to its many benefits. It is a very safe, multipurpose and an effective natural supplement, which can be taken orally. Wild yam can be used to treat a wide range of human ailments, typically these include:
- Postmenopausal Vaginal dryness - wild yam gel or cream may help relieve vaginal dryness
- Rheumatoid arthritis – the anti-inflammatory effects of wild yam may help prevent bone loss in rheumatoid arthritis patients
- Osteoporosis, weak bones - wild yam may help reduce the rate of bone loss in Osteoporosis patients
- Infertility - wild yam may help boost fertility
- PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome) – wild yam is effective in treating PMS symptoms
- Breast enlargement – wild yam may help with natural breast enlargement
- Menstrual symptoms such as cramps - wild yam has a number of pain reducing effects, which may help reduce menstrual symptoms
- Hot flushes – wild yam may help alleviate hot flushes when applied topically to the skin
- Libido – wild yam may help enhance libido levels in both men and women
- Gallbladder problems – wild yam helps to promote the healthy functioning of the liver and gallbladder.
Wild yam is most commonly available as oral capsules, oil and liquid extract, it can also be applied topically as a cream or gel, for a range of wild yam products and supplements be sure to browse The Health Bay.+Read More -Read Less